Christoph Termin is a Senior Manager and heads the IT Assurance & Advisory Services team in the Business Risk Services division of Grant Thornton Switzerland/Liechtenstein.
Christoph possesses more than 10 years’ professional experience as an IT specialist in the fields of external and internal IT audit, which he has acquired at two of the Big Four accounting firms in Switzerland as well as at Grant Thornton.
In the IT assurance and advisory area, Christoph has gained experience in the following areas:
- IT application/system configuration tests for standard ERP systems (SAP, JD Edwards, Navision, Microsoft, AS/400)
- Implementation and management of ITGC audits (incl. for SOX-regulated clients)
- IT governance/BCM/migration tests (incl. SAP HANA)
- Preparation of SOC 2 reports for service providers in accordance with the ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3402 standards
- Process-based maturity tests in the field of cybersecurity
In the field of digital and emerging technologies, Christoph was active in the following areas:
- Development of Spotfire-/Power BI-/Tableau-based solutions for the visualisation of IT audit findings within the framework of external/internal audits
- Development of custom analytics in the areas of general ledger, fixed assets and inventory using ACL and SQL for the ERP system SAP
- Expert for the monitoring and provision of risk-based advisory services for automated business processes (robotic process automation – RPA)
- Performance and evaluation of analyses in the area of process mining (P2P and O2C business processes)
Relevant software knowledge
- Data manipulation (ACL, SQL, MS Access, Monarch – advanced; MS Excel – expert)
- ETL processes (SSIS – advanced)
- Data visualisation (Tableau/Spotfire/Power BI – expert)
- Programming (VBA – advanced; Java – basic knowledge)
Christoph is a certified PRINCE2 Practitioner and holds a BSc in Information Systems from the HTW Berlin University of Applied Sciences.
In addition to his mother tongue German, Christoph also speaks fluent English.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- BSc in Information Systems